We believe in investing equally in all our clients
It’s a natural part of business that some clients require more revisions, communication, or other customer service than others. Rather than raise our rates on all clients to account for this extra time, we’ve developed a set of policies which provides clarity about what is included by default in your packages, and what may be subject to an extra fee. 90% of the time, these policies won’t impact you whatsoever, but we wanted to publish them just in case.
We divide our policies per service area. That makes for a little redundancy on this page, but it seemed like the best option for making sure everything is clear.
We believe in transparency
As a psychologist myself, I’m a big proponent of the idea of informed consent. It’s not enough to just get someone’s agreement – you also need to make sure they understand what they’re signing up for.
That’s why our policies also include transparency about our refund policy and the fact that we cannot guarantee performance, so you can make your decision to work with us with full clarity about the potential risks involved.
We believe in listening to the experts
That’s why in addition to the policies on this page, I also had a lawyer draft a services agreement. By paying our invoice, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions listed in https://marketingfortherapists.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/Dr.-Dan-Online-Marketing-Services-Agreement.pdf
Content Writing Policies
1) All content pages include an initial version and one revised version upon request. If you need more revision after the first revised draft, each additional revision costs 50% of the original cost of the page. Any revisions that are required due to our error (such as fixing a typo) will be free.
2) If you cancel an order, we will refund the cost for any content pages we have not started working on. If we have started working on a page, we can no longer offer refunds for that page (but may be able to refund other pages we have not yet started.) You can ask us to start by writing just one page and wait to start any others until you have reviewed and approved the first page, but please note this may delay our turnaround time.
3) All content is provided to you in Google document form. You are responsible for publishing the content to your website. If you need us to publish the content for you, we charge a flat rate of $50 plus $25 for each page you wish us to publish (so one page would cost $75, two would cost $100.)
4) Our typical turnaround time is 2-3 weeks, although we will sometimes need up to 4 weeks during busy periods. If you need your writing faster, you may expedite for an additional fee (ask us for the exact fee, as it varies based on how busy we are.) Our estimated turnaround times assume that you will complete our intake questionnaire within 48 hours and respond to all communication within 24 hours. If your responses take longer than this, our estimated timeline may be delayed accordingly.
5) We are available for email communication regarding your content. Please allow 48 business hours for us to respond. If you’d prefer to discuss your content via phone, there is a fee of $100 per hour to discuss with Nita or $200 per hour to discuss with Dr. Shumway (minimum 30 minutes).
1) We cannot guarantee successful results, and you accept all risk and financial responsibility for the amount you choose to budget on your Google Ads.
2) If you cancel an order, I will fully refund your order if I have not yet started keyword research, I will refund 50% of your order if I have begun keyword research but the account has not yet been launched. If the account has been launched, there are no refunds unless a significant error exists in my work on the account that I am unable to fix after being notified of it.
3) I can provide up to two rounds of revisions to your keywords or your ad text, as long as the revisions are requested prior to launch or up to two weeks following launch. After that point, any revisions will be billed at my hourly rate of $200, with a minimum charge of 15 minutes.
4) If you want conversion tracking, I can provide you with the Google Ads tracking code, but you are responsible for installing it on your site. If you want assistance beyond this, our web design expert is available for a rate of $150 per hour, or $100 per hour if we designed your website.
5) My typical turnaround time is 2-3 weeks, although I will sometimes need up to 4 weeks during busy periods. If you need a faster launch, you may expedite for an additional fee (ask for the exact fee, as it varies based on how busy I am.)
6) Google will disapprove ads that it thinks are in violation of its policies, which can sometimes occur even if the ads are actually fine. If this happens while the account is under active management by me, I will appeal the disapproval or advise you how to fix the issue if you are in fact in violation of their policies. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee my appeal will be successful. If you receive a disapproval notice after active management has ended, you will need to solve the issue yourself by reviewing the instructions at this link, sign up for a month of management, or hire me to solve the issue (at a cost of $50 for issues I can resolve using Google’s automated tools and $150 for issues that require me to contact Google support.)
7) I am available for email communication regarding your content. Please allow 48 business hours for me to respond. If you’d prefer to discuss your content via phone, there is a fee of $200 per hour, with a minimum of 30 minutes.
8) When your account is under active management, there is no charge for most changes to the account, but a fee still applies if you wish to add new keywords.
9) When your account is not under active management, I will provide complimentary assistance with pausing or unpausing your campaigns, changing your budget, changing your location targeting, or verifying that your ads are still running. If you need support beyond that, you will either need to sign up for a month of active management, or pay for support at a rate of $200 per hour (minimum 15 minutes).
1) If you cancel in your first two weeks of management, you will receive a 50% refund on your first month, and a 100% refund on all future month. Otherwise, if you sign up for a management package that includes multiple months of service, you may receive a pro-rated refund for the unused months by requesting to cancel your services. You must cancel 15 days before a new month of management begins in order to receive a refund for that month. If your management package included a discounted rate, you will receive a refund based on the remaining amount after the non-discounted cost of services is deducted from the amount that you paid.
2) In the majority of cases, e-mails will be responded to within 24 business hours. If your package includes a call, the duration will be prescribed. Any additional calls will be charged at a rate of $100/hour with a minimum of 15 minutes.
Web Design Policies
1) The scope of the project will be agreed upon at the onset of our work together. However, just as is the case with home construction or renovation, some unexpected challenges and changes may occur along the way. For example, there may be technical issues with your website that our team is unable to begin troubleshooting until they have accessed the site and begun work. Or, you may have changes in preferences regarding the visual or mechanical design of the site as production is ongoing. Each project accounts for incorporating your feedback and making some changes along the way. However, while we wish we could offer to make unlimited changes, we have to respect and value our time. Therefore, we may charge for our time for work not included in the scope of the project. All additional charges will be quoted for your approval and invoiced separately.
2) You (the client) are the owner of the site. When a project is completed, any additional changes or work (e.g., adding new pages, putting content on the site, etc.) will be quoted and invoiced separately. If your site experiences a technical problem within the first month of project completion, our team will evaluate and fix the issue if it was somehow caused by us. If the issues were not caused by us, we will quote and invoice you at our flat rate for troubleshooting.
3) While a select few situations require phone consultation, our web design team primarily communicates via email. All standard email queries are addressed within 1-2 business days, and any urgent need (e.g., website crashing, contact form not working) will be prioritized and addressed as soon as possible. If you’d prefer to discuss your web design via phone, there is a flat fee of $100 for a one-hour consultation block (which you can use as much or as little as you need) of our web designer’s time. In situations where an issue must be addressed over the phone and your web designer requests that the two of you do a call, no fee will be charged for that call.
4) Examples of our work are available for review so that you can determine whether we might be the right fit for you before you agree to move forward with us. We are not able to provide refunds if we have started work on your project. In some cases, we may provide prorated refunds based on the amount of work that has been done.
My hope is that these policy will help all my clients get the best possible service and the best possible results. Just as setting boundaries around the therapeutic relationship leads to better outcomes for clients, I’m optimistic that you’ll find that these policies help us get you marketing results that you are very excited about.
Last updated 7/9/2021. If our policies change, the policies that were in place at the time you paid the invoice will apply to your service.